Just Another Rainy Day

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

It's one of those days where I feel like Eeyore. My tail is missing, I can't walk straight, and my world seems gray. One of those days when you think back to the first thing you did and it seems so impossibly long ago that it doesn't seem like it happened today at all. Maybe yesterday, or further back. One of those days when you feel like a failure the moment your eyes flip open at the sound of the dreaded alarm. There's pollen in my hair that's probably been there for hours and my face doesn't look like I've put on any make up at all, it's so spotty. I lost my shoes and I can't go to class. I've had a headache for 8 hours. My life seems more like a really depressing book with no end in sight than an actual life. My actual life. I've eaten pink Peeps and watched a lot of Gilmore Girls. The highlight of my day was talking about Desmond Tutu for an hour in Theology class. Can I just do that for the rest of my life? It would be much better than getting ready to write a letter to my professors telling them that I'm a depressive bipolar person.

"Of course, there were times when you had to whistle in the dark to keep your morale up, and you wanted to whisper in God's ear: 'God, we know You are in charge, but can't You make it a little more obvious?'" -Archbishop Desmond Tutu

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS