The fair only comes once a year

Sunday, April 11, 2010

What? You too? I thought I was the only one! -C.S. Lewis

It is in times of despair when we see the beauty in life. It is not in our own lives that we see it, but in the lives of others. We no longer take the small things for granted. We have the small victories in life. Getting out of bed, or simply taking a shower are monumental feats meant to be celebrated. A completed task for school is even larger. Seeing the truly productive lives of others are often envied, but we must remember to celebrate for them as well. Our life on earth is short and often full of painful moments, but the life we choose to live between those moments is what counts.

"Nobody said it was easy. No one ever said it would be this hard." -Coldplay

I often complain that my life is not fair. And it isn't. There really isn't that much I can do about it. That simple statement doesn't take away my feeling, but it is a quiet resolution. Somehow, keeping that thought will sometimes encourage me to do something about it; to work in some way towards a goal, to accomplish something that everyone else is able to do. Even if it takes me three times as long. It often manifests itself in my life of faith. As 1 Timothy 6:12 says, "fight the good fight of the faith; take hold of the eternal life." I've got to fight to keep my faith sometimes. And that's okay with me. I know that part is fair.

"Dear Child of God, I am sorry to say that suffering is not optional. It seems to be part of the human condition, but suffering can either embitter or ennoble." -Archbishop Desmond Tutu

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS