For thine is the kingdom, the power, and the glory, forever and ever, Amen

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

What is the truth? What are we supposed to know? How much are we supposed to know? When does God hold the reins and when does our human curiosity take charge? People will say "let God show you in His time." Well, what do I do in the meantime? Sit on my couch and watch the wall? Am I supposed to find something or try anything that might lead me in the right direction. God gave us free will. And yet I feel myself constantly looking back over my shoulder to make sure I'm doing something right or if I'm headed in the right direction. It's scary, always hoping to make the right move. And yes, there is that beautiful gift of salvation. Thank goodness. I would have dove off that cliff a long time ago without someone to catch me. Still, I peek around corners and looking up for constant reassurance. Most of the time it doesn't come easily. I'm afraid that going boldly sometime will lead to another mistake and I feel like I'm walking gingerly as it is. Yet, if I keep peeking around the corner, I suppose it means I have some faith/trust/hope for the future and for my relationship with God. Here's to that peeking becoming more confident steps!

None of us will ever accomplish anything excellent or commanding except when he listens to this whisper which his heard by him alone. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Nicene Creed

We believe in one God,
the Father, the Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all that is, seen and unseen

We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,
the only Son of God,
eternally begotten of the Father,
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made,
of one Being with the father;
through him all things were made.
For us and for our salvation
he came down from heaven,
was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the virgin Mary
and became truly human.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontious Pilate;
he suffered death and was buried.
On the third day he rose again
in accordance with the scriptures;
he ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead,
and his kingdom will have no end.

We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is worshiped and glorified,
who has spoken through the prophets.
We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic church.
We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.
We look for the resurrection of the dead,
and the life of the world to come.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS