Let's eat PlayDoh cookies

Friday, June 25, 2010

I have a lot of books. I don't know if you can fully grasp that concept until I phrase it like this: You could be crushed to death with the books I own. There is no room on any of my bookcases (notice the plural use of that word) for anything other than books. It would take you years to get through them all. Things are piled up everywhere because my books take up all of the organizational space. I just have the insatiable desire to read and know more. Well, I suppose you could call it a re-discovered desire. But now I'm back and full speed ahead!

I read as if my life depends on it. I think my brain actually does. I prattle on with weird facts that I've picked up. Did you know that the Bible is the most shoplifted book in America? Or that Napoleon was afraid of cats and Freud had a deathly fear of ferns? Or that dueling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors? Probably not. But I do. I don't know why I retain these bits of knowledge or if they will ever be useful (not really so far). Probably about as useful as the way I collect quotes. Everyone has their oddities, so I suppose this is mine.

In other business, I am super excited about going to counsel at Camp St. Christopher in a few weeks. I worked on staff there for a summer in 2007 and now I'm going back again! Part of me is nervous because of my spiritual instability at the moment (am I really going to be a good leader for these high schoolers?) and part of me is excited to go back to a place that means so much to me, with people that mean so much to me. Maybe that will help to bring me back in a closer way to God. I hope. I can't wait to meet new people and work with high schoolers again. It's tough at that age (those ages), but hopefully I'll help someway, somehow. Although I get this feeling that they'll teach me. It always works out that way, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS