CAMP BABY CAMP!

Saturday, July 10, 2010

It's camp time!! That's right. For the first time in many moons, I am going back to camp. I'm going to be a counselor this year for senior session out at Camp St. Christopher. I'm lacing up my mudpit shoes and grabbing my sunscreen. I'm washing all of my t-shirts and grabbing all of my waterproof shorts (I highly recommend Patagonia baggies- they hold up well). I've been praying a lot about this, with lots of prayers of joy. But what I learned, even after a short summer when I was just 18, was that camp uses you. God uses you. Even with all of the work you want to do with the campers, ultimately it's not your work or about what you want to do for them, where you want to lead them. It's for God and what HE wants. But yeah, it is FUN. Sailing, games, singing, swimming- God can use fun too. It's easy to see why they keep coming back summer after summer. Exactly why varies from person to person...

Which leads to the eternal question:
What are all these kids doing here?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS