2 different languages and a fuzzy head

Saturday, August 7, 2010

I've had a lot on my mind recently. My head keeps spinning with things to do and people to see. So much stuff that I don't even know where to start! That's unusual, because I generally keep this focused (well it seems that way to me) or I write with some sort of purpose. There's a lot that I don't know and things I still keep figuring out.

I have a hard time trying to answer questions for people when I'm not sure of the answer. Does that make sense? When someone asks you something and you know you should say something worth hearing. Not the answer to the capital of Kansas (Topeka), but a life question. A question where people look for wisdom or something profound. I don't have profound things to say! I don't know if I'm saying the right thing. I certainly hope that I am; that I am helping and not making things worse. I don't know. Is there another way to say it? Je ne sais pas. In French. When I have to say that (in French or English), I feel like I am letting people down. Like I'm not being a good friend or not supportive enough. I feel very self-centered right now. I am being self-centered. Moving on...

I watched "Sixteen Candles" tonight and felt very glad that I am not in high school any more. Not even in college. That's still weird to say. I got a phone interview on Friday and went in today to meet the manager/owner. I won't say the name of the place or anything about it because it's still up in the air and I'm trying to play it cool. I will let you know how it turns out.

The family is half way through The Three Weeks Of Birthdays. 21 days. 4 birthdays. None of them my own. It's a lot of present-buying and cake. Mom's is on the 30th of July, Hannah turned 19 August 3, Madison will be 13 (AUUGHHH) on August 18 and Dad's is on the 19th. I have successfully found presents for them all! It certainly gets harder as they get older. You start to run out of good ideas and I am a firm believer that most birthday and Christmas presents should be surprises. It takes a lot of the fun out of it if you know everything you're going to get.

My brain is too scattered and it is too late to write much more. I promise I'll write something more "profound" or at least more interesting the next time. I'll leave you with a little known fact.

Many Japanese golfers carry hole-in-one insurance, because it is traditional in Japan to share one’s good luck by sending gifts to all your friends when you get an ace. The price for what the Japanese term “an albatross” can often reach $10,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS