Mooooovin' On

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Well the last zillion posts have been about YAGM and how awesome it was going to be. And since it will be no more, the next zillion posts will be about me figuring out what to do instead. And in honor of moving on, I am listening to Needtobreathe's "Movin' On"- it was just too appropriate and wildly literal to pass up.

"You're out of room for marking days on a wall
The lines remind me of just how long I've been gone
You're holding on and now it's time to let go
Just let it go, let it go, let it go, let it go..."
-"Movin' On"; Needtobreathe

So I haven't figured out what to do with my life (still taking suggestions for that one), I have figured out what to do in the meantime. Or rather a list of things to do. Some I have accomplished and others have yet to be done. That's just my style.

1. Finish my quilt. Or at least work on it some more. I don't even remember when I started, that's how long ago it was. It does have a name now. The pizza box quilt. It's kept inside a pizza box.
2. Compile a list of all the majors offered at Clemson, the University of South Carolina, and the College of Charleston and slowly circle the ones that sound interesting and cross off the ones that in no way shape or form will I ever be interested in. For example, majors I will not be partaking in: Dance (sorry any dancers out there- you would be ashamed to know me if I joined your major), Biomedical Engineering (sorry Madison [sister]), Economics (sorry Uncle Tim, professor of Economics at Queens University), Russian (sorry lone reader who lives in Russia), and Computer Information Systems (sorry Bill Gates and Uncle Ron). Majors that seem remotely interesting: Religious Studies (duh), Political Science (just because I dominated that AP Government exam), Marine Science (Blue Planet, thanks BBC), History (gotta love dead folks and what they did to destroy/create our current environment), Anthropology (thanks Bones and anthro professor at Trident), Art History (beautiful buildings and incomprehensible modern art), and Classics (probably completely useless, unless I just want to be erudite. And use words like erudite.) Endless possibilities you see. And then narrow them down to finite possibilities.
3. Write enough postcards to PostSecret to get them published. www.postsecret.com. This may seem silly to you, seeing as I bare my soul enough on this blog (a personal website), but to have it out there to have millions of people know without knowing I wrote it would be so cool. Just a thing. Or maybe I just need to read all of his books. Maybe I'm there.
4. Tell people that I love what I really think of them. Which is how awesome they are. Hopefully they already know, but perhaps a loving letter will give them something to hold in their hands. My love in their hands. That would just be a really cool project.
5. Clean out my computer. I've been slowly doing this, but as it reaches it's fifth birthday, it needs a little care. Five years worth of school documents that are no longer pertinent should get out of here. Make space for all that I have to learn in my life.
6. Listen to all of the music on my iTunes and throw out the junk and enjoy the things I forgot I had. Then make really fun mix cds and send them to all my friends.
7. Read the entire Bible- every line. I have the time. We all have the time. Stand in awe of Genesis, fall asleep over Judges, lament with Lamentations, rejoice in the gospels, and freak out over Revelation. And, of course, blog about it. I'm just going to start at the beginning and plow my way through. Maybe I'll learn something about myself and God. Well hopefully I will, otherwise all that they've been saying about the Bible being the Word of God will be total malarky. [One day God is going to smite me.] Lastly, I'll get mad at the silly people who take things out of context.
8. I will attempt to read "the classics" and try and understand why they're called classics. After all, Mark Twain said that "A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read."
9. Go to the grocery store. I should really do that one today, seeing as it's already 12:45 in the morning of Sunday, March 27, 2011. See I always start these blogs at 11, thinking I'm going to write something quickly, and then realize that it takes a lot of time to write as awesomely as I do.

I was kidding on that last sentence. It takes a lot of time to write something I think you'll read all the way through to the end. Now that's the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS