No shoes today- we're going barefoot for a cause

Monday, April 4, 2011

"Millions of children grow up without shoes and at risk of infection and disease. One Day Without Shoes is the day we take off our shoes to raise awareness of the impact a pair of shoes can have on a child's life." -One Day Without Shoes on Facebook

I'm not wearing any shoes today. Just look at my feet.


I love my toms. They're comfy and the perfect slip-ons. I've bought them for birthdays and Christmases. And every time I do, Toms gives away a pair of shoes to a kid in need- everywhere from South Africa to Mongolia. You can check out today's event at www.onedaywithoutshoes.com and buy your own Toms at www.toms.com. I've got the classic canvas ones in olive, but I've got my eye on the http://www.toms.com/womens/passport-lilac-women-s-classics...

Anyway- go without shoes today and join a movement to support shoes! Start up a conversation about why you aren't wearing any and see what it feels like to not have protection or support for the two things that keep you grounded- literally.

I'm embarking on a journey of pollen, splinters, rough pavements, and odd looks from passerby. Are you coming?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS