Catching you up on my life

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

So, I'm sorry. I know I promised journal posts, but I needed some time to get back into the swing of things. I kind of threw myself into work and Clemson. I've been back for two weeks now and working lots (trying to recoup some of the money that I spent). List!

1. I put in my two weeks notice, so come July 27, I am no longer employed. I have almost a full month to get everything ready for school, spend time with my amazing boyfriend, spend some time with my family and friends.
2. I really want to go shopping. For clothes. I don't know why, but everyone I saw at Clemson seemed really well-dressed.
3. I want to learn how to make the headbands that are super popular right now- the kind that look like you tied a cute scarf on your head, but instead of worrying about how to not tie your hair into it, it's got elastic in the back. It can't be that hard and I have fat quarters coming out of my ears. I'll let you know how that goes.
4. Now that I think about it, I think it's time I made another stuffed animal. That was fun.
5. Went to Clemson orientation!!! It was completely overwhelming. But exciting. I am signed up for classes: Western Civ 1, New Testament Lit, British Lit, and Math (just a basics class). I'm keeping it to a minimum for the first semester- new school, new professors, probably a different style of classes, new online stuff (so confusing) and just getting to meet new people. I'm going to be busy.
6. I talked to Student Disabilities Services and they rock! They were so helpful and I am so excited for their help. They thought of things I could ask for that I didn't think of or different even know were possible to ask for.
7. I'm really trying to cover all of my bases and make the transition as smooth as possible. I will make this work. I'm thrilled and so happy with my choice. Things are good and I'm going to try to keep it that way.
8. Things with Thomas are great. More than great. I don't want to gush too much, but it is so great to have someone so supportive of me in all of my choices. I'm happy.
9. Oh yeah, and I found an apartment on campus. Yipee!

Well, it's getting late and I should go to bed. I promise, a journal post and more pics soon. Really. Listening to: Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, Florence + the Machine, The Weepies (love!), Mike Doughty. Watching: Friends. So funny and a great stress reliever. On season 4 now. Recent purchases: gatorade, bandaids, school supplies!!!, ponytail holders that don't break, and orange t-shirt, new bedding for my twin xl. Thinking/praying: Thank you God for setting things in my life straight. I really appreciate it.

Thought for the day: Live in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS