Thursday, June 9, 2011- Glasgow

Thursday, July 14, 2011

I am so happy to finally be on the ground in Scotland. I couldn't be more thrilled. Yes, there is that scary sense that comes from traveling alone, so I'm sure that I'll be very nervous tomorrow morning- catching a train, two ferries, and a bus. I guess I'm a bit nervous about the whole trip. I comes with traveling alone. I'll be glad when I'm settled and don't have to lug around a giant backpack, a smaller backpack and a purse all the time. I'm so excited about seeing Natalie tomorrow. It's been so very long. The shopping in Edinburgh looks fun- at least from what I saw from the bus taking me from the airport to Waverly Train Station. Not like I have any place to put anything right now. I suppose a little room will clear up when I give Natalie her hostess present of yarn and drop off all of this food. I had to bring so much from the states: Margaret wanted apples and cinnamon instant oatmeal, Nerds for Natalie, pull and peel Twizzlers for Rob and whole host of other small food things, including some Sour Patch kids for me- I heard food can stave off the homesick moments. You know, having something familiar. I suppose more postcard buying is in order as well. I have lots of people to write to. For now, a bit of reading before bed. There is also a blog post on the actual date when I was in Scotland. Just a few posts back. (Photo is of my room in Glasgow at Natalie's friend Sarah's place. I think we should call it the wonder-room. I slept like a rock in this cozy nook of a room under the warmest duvet and it eased my jetlag into such a wonderful sleep.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS