Life can't be that bad

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sometimes I feel like a bit of a Debbie Downer when I post all of these bipolar tirades. I know that it gets me more hits than any of my other posts, so I will try to do them more often- just balance the really crappy days with days where I can rationally deal with it. Strike a balance. But I was looking through my iPhoto (Mac person if you didn't know) and I realized that my life can't be that bad when I'm surrounded by awesome people, a great school that I have grown to love over the last few months, and the beauty of God's creation. I'm going to give you some pictures of my life and a brief glimpse into my visual world.

My postcard wall, in all its glory!

Me, when I'm happy.

Mom, Dad, and Me- past and current Clemson students!

The famous balloon release at a Clemson game! Orange, mixed with red, white, and blue for Military Appreciation Day

Me and some birds at the zoo- fun, until they started pulling out my red hair to make a nest.

Having a TON of fun feeding the goats!

Me and a bald Thomas- best guy in the world, bar none.

Crowd rushing the field after the AUBURN WIN!!

And yep, I was in that crowd- Chacos and pom pom on the edge of the end zone. TOUCHDOWN! for a Clemson student experience!

3 comments:

  1. "I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength."
    Phil 4:12-13

    I'm so glad you're finding joy in life again. It's hard coming back from periods of depression and directional voids, especially when you know that you were, like Peter, frightened by the storm. I don't mean to impose my own experiences on to the little I know of your's, but I would challenge you to be content in not knowing the next step. That's something God has been teaching me this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Courtney-
    You don't have to apologize for your thoughts. Certainly not for your experiences. They are your own. However, the past tense doesn't work for me. I live in fear of the storm. I have been terrified of what it is to feel that way. I live in fear that it may harm me in some scaring way. It will continue to scare me, to always be in my head, to know that if I live to be 85, the storm can come. Always. To refuse to be hindered by it in periods of calm, to trust in God that I will get through the next one- that I can do. That I try to do daily. To not prepare myself for whatever the next step may be is out of the question. I am fine in not knowing what my career may be. I have accepted that. I am fine knowing that I may not accomplish what I once wanted for my life. But for me, not knowing the next step doesn't mean I don't pursue what I want to be my next step. I firmly believe that our free will was meant to be used, and through it God can guide us in his way and we can achieve our destiny. I seek. Right or wrong, that's what I try. I have accepted not knowing the next step. God let me know of that years ago. However, I will never stop trying to find out what it is. :) I hope you learn the beauty and complication of that lesson soon. A world of opportunity awaits the freedom you will find in it. God's Peace +
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. My compliments for your blog and pictures included,I invite you in my photoblog "photosphera".

    CLICK PHOTOSPHERA

    Greetings from Italy

    Marlow

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS