You'll never guess what happened!

Monday, October 31, 2011

I'm engaged! As of Friday, October 28, I am engaged. I was home for the weekend and Thomas and I went on a fancy date to a nice restaurant downtown and he proposed!! I now have a beautiful diamond and sapphire ring on my tiny finger. He tells the story of the proposal better so maybe I'll have him post it to the blog instead of me. I started crying halfway through and then it just became sort of surreal. He was very nervous though. It was very cute. The whole restaurant clapped and celebrated with us. Two people sent us champagne and the restaurant sent out this dessert that was just divine. It was the best day of my life.

It's been so hard not to share all of the stuff on this blog! Not telling about 2 weeks ago when he asked the parents, not telling about the bridesmaids dresses, not telling about everything we talked about- anything! It's been a crazy weekend of Thomas meeting my family and premarital counseling and so many busy busy things. I couldn't be more thrilled about this. We are so good for each other. He is so patient and kind and wonderful and a 100 more awesome qualities. I'm going to post a few pictures because any girl reading this will want to know what the ring looks like- hahaha!

This is our first picture as an engaged couple. The whole restaurant was clapping and a lady came over to take our picture- of course I was laughing and crying at the same time! Notice the watch tan.

It took a long time, but we finally managed to get a decent picture of my ring. A round diamond (beautiful, exquisite) with two pear-shapped sapphire side stones. He designed it and I couldn't have picked out anything more perfect.

My youngest sister Madison did a sort of impromptu photo shoot with Thomas and I on the porch and the rest of the pictures are from that. It probably gives you a great idea of who we are as a couple. We are so in love, but we like to goof off, have fun and we are each others best friends. I can't ask for anything more.










All in all, I am so happy to begin this next phase of my life with my best friend.

1 comment:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS