Thanksgiving List

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving was nice this year. Not that it isn't usually, but it was good. Other than my mom being really sick (sinus infection, bronchitis, not too major), it was nice. Haha, already said that. But really no major incidents. Just family stuff- the question of how to figure out if the turkey is done, who makes what, where everyone will sleep. All the same questions that are asked every year and we never figure them out. But it's a tradition and it's nice. I didn't want to take time out of the day to write this. I just wanted to be with my family and fiance. So I wrote some things down the night before. This is my "Thanksgiving List."

THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER)
1. My parents and their constant, unending, unwavering love, protection, and support. I only hope that one day I can be for my kids what they are to me.
2. Thomas. I found my best friend, my one true love. He makes me so happy and loves me more than anything. And he always shows it.
3. The rest of my family. They're so eclectic and loving. They always support me. I know if I ever needed anything, they would be there in a skinny minute.
4. My friends. They are always there when I need them and always happy to do so. I hope I always return the favor.
5. The internet. I know that sounds stupid, but the digital age allows me to use Skype to connect with far-flung friends, Facebook, and endless research on any topic I want. It's great.
6. This blog. I have connected with so many people. It's helped others, but it has really helped me. I've become braver and more honest with myself about how I feel. Expressing my sorrows and joys in such a frank manner has done wonders.
7. Finding out that I can write something with meaning. Kind of goes along with the blog, but I feel that my words have power. I have often felt like I didn't have words or the right way to say what I meant or what I needed. I know that I am developing that strength.
8. Books. They are enlightening. Classics, humor, and everything in between- they provide both challenges and relief.
9. I never thought I'd say this: my Bipolar Disorder. I see the world in a different light. Often harder and harsher, but I appreciate things more. It's made me who I am. I have found my true friends and realized the bonds of family. I have found the depths of love residing within people.
10. God. An interesting journey for sure, but a powerful and deep one. Part of His plans are becoming clearer, while others are still hazy. But I have faith. I have trust.

THINGS THAT ARE SLIGHTLY MORE FRIVOLOUS, BUT AM STILL THANKFUL FOR
1. Jeans. You can never have too many pairs.
2. My perfume that drives Thomas nuts.
3. Bath and Body Works triple moisture body cream. It comes in every scent. And yes, it's as magical and wonderful as the name.
4. Online companies that provide free shipping.
5. Pens, pencils, and paper.
6. Pintrest. It's addicting to be sure. But it's like an internet memory. I can keep things that I like on the internet in one place without having 600 bookmarks. And it's visual, a huge help for me.
7. The right jacket at the right time. I hate being unprepared.
8. Wedding magazines- endless inspiration and a large list of what I don't want my wedding to be like. Ever.
9. Crayons. Happy happy, joy joy.
10. Sweet tea. A miraculous beverage.
11. Warm blankets.
12. Febreeze. Makes it re-wearable when you can't launder.
13. Medication. From bipolar disorder to ibuprofen, they help some of us get day to day and others to get rid of that annoying headache.
14. Being able to watch tv shows online.
15. Art and design. Architecture. Making life more beautiful every day.
16. Sudoku and fill-in puzzles. Time passers that supposedly help your brain. I'm all for that!
17. Travel. So many places I want to see. It literally broadens your horizons.
18. Mail. Call me old-fashioned if you will, but I love writing letters and getting letters. Awesome.
19. The dictionary and thesaurus.
20. "Bones." I love this show. The odd characters, sub plots, etc. Great stuff.

My favorite moments are times like these. When I'm awake and my loved ones are asleep and all feels right with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS