I'm having one of those moments

Thursday, January 5, 2012

I'm having one of those moments where I just can't put this book down. I started it today and I just can't stop reading it. I read it before and after my dress fitting. I read it while waiting to meet the photographer and as soon as I got home. I. JUST. CAN'T. STOP. I don't know how many hours I've read today, but I have to stop soon, I have to sleep. Remember that list I published just 24 hours ago? I started The Freedom Writers Diary and all I have to say is that WOW. Any teacher should read this. Any person should read this. Any student should read this. Sure, I was a good kid. I didn't drink until I turned 21. I have never tried drugs. I did my homework 99% of the time. Never missed curfew. I always tried to be a good friend. I'm still honest and sincere. But did I ever do what these kids did? Not until I started this blog. Not until I started being honest with everyone and really having conviction for my beliefs as a Christian and tolerance and acceptance for those with beliefs different than mine. Not until I started writing honestly about Bipolar Disorder. I think I'm starting to make a difference- or at least I'm giving it my best shot. This book will inspire you. On page 177. Will probably finish this tonight, no lie. I think there's a movie too...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS