Be of good cheer!

Thursday, March 22, 2012

ReadingOlive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout. 
God is Not a Christian: and other provocations by Archbishop Desmond Tutu. --What a brilliant man! His thoughts are so concise, well worded and I think if I had another person on the planet whose thoughts on religion were most closely aligned with my own, I would pick him. I'll probably post about that.
Buying: Not much, sticking to a budget. But now that spring has sprung here in Charleston, I am buying seeds, potting soil, planters, plant food. Also milk, wedding prints for thank you notes.
Dreams: Too vivid for comfort again. Horrible dreams that too closely mirror life events that have gone terribly wrong. 
Wearing: Jeans, Clemson t shirt, and the best sweater in the world. It was a relaxed day. I get to dress up in my wedding dress tomorrow for some more beautiful pictures. Fun!
Mad at: Not really anyone I can think of at the moment. I am blessed with beautiful people who let me lead a lovely life.
Don't: Try and clean the vacuum cleaner when the dog is present. Bad bad bad bad idea for his digestion, the carpet I just cleaned, and my sanity.
Thought for the day: "You can get this love to permeate through everything that you write once you truly understand that this love (God’s, yours, mine) is already in everything that you do, and everything that you are. When you live it, you will write it. When you love, you will be love... It is a changing and moving part of life and you will grow with love." -Me
Quote for the day: "Be of good cheer." –Homer
Scripture for the day: "He has told you, O mortal, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, love mercy and to walk humbly with your God?" – Micah 6:8. I love Micah. It's so simple. Justice, mercy, a relationship with the Lord. That's all.
MovieThe Holiday. An old standby that is good for so many reasons. 
TV Show: Numb3rs
Songs: "Still the One" by Orleans; "Count on Me" by Bruno Mars
Time: to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS