Thrilling things lie ahead

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

There are several life events (and other plain events) that I just have to tell you about because I am way too excited.

1. I have a Viking sewing machine in my possession. OH MY GOSH. It's beautiful. And heavy. I think it weighs as much as Moby does, if he were denser and plastic and metal. My craft life is now golden. And it means that I have no excuses left (other than to learn how to work it) to hinder any project.
2. Thomas and I gave up the house hunt and decided to live on base when our lease runs out in June. That is such a relief! We visited a few today and feel confident that is the best move (pun unintended).
3. I am working on 2 blogs! One should be moving forward soon, and the other has quite a bit of work left to do!
4. Thomas and I have started planning our honeymoon. We've decided on Italy! We have a guidebook on our kitchen counter right now. 
5. I am going to be a child advocate for Berkeley County! Also known as a guardian ad litem, I will be trained for 6 weeks and then be a friend and advocate on behalf of the child I'm assigned to. This is a really important volunteer position and I am very excited to be working with them.
6. I am also doing some volunteer work with the MUSC Children's Hospital and I have a interview for another volunteer position in May. All in all, I am shaping up to be one very busy girl. 

I've been praying a lot about what I'm supposed to do, what I'm meant to do, and what I haven't been able to accomplish so far. Perhaps I shall write it down tomorrow afternoon. For now, It's 3 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS