Let's call it spring cleaning

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Spring is in the air! If you've been following me closely, you've noticed the new changes over the last month or so. New background, fonts, and slightly different design are the factors you take away first. I just wanted to give you a short little post to point out new features and changes. It's all designed by me (with the assistance of Blogger, of course) in a belabored attempt to make this more reader-friendly.

The posts remain the same- ordered chronologically, as they have been since the dawn of this blog. "This is me" may read slightly different, but you can still access my profile from it. I moved up the blog archive so you can access older posts more easily. In addition to that, there's a spiffy, new "search this blog" feature to help you find what you might be looking for. It searches through titles, labels, and the written content. And now you can follow me by email!! What fun! My posts are delivered directly to your inbox. Want to see it here? You can click on "Faith and Macaroni" at the top of your email and it links you directly to the site.

The sidebar is cleaned up a bit. You can still find "Books to peruse," "Movies on my reel," "TV shows I can't get enough of," and "Get these songs now and love them." They are still updated frequently. "The Best Wedding Playlist (Ever)" is still there, but they're all YouTube links to the respective songs. Took me so long to find those songs and make that, I'm leaving it there!

"Labels and Topics" has been moved to the bottom of the sidebar because it's gotten so long! All posts have been labeled- even the old ones. In one click, you can find posts on Scotland, God, Thoughts, America, and more. Take a look-see.

Last but not least, there are tabs, and finally, they are full. "Home" obviously brings you back to the posts. Duh. "About" gives you more detailed info about me, the blog, and getting in touch. "Bipolar Disorder"- I was having trouble with that, but now you can find a little bit out about it and the more relevant posts I've written on the subject. Finally, "Best of the web" will be the more continuously updated one with more links to the web outside of this blog. Hope this helps you to navigate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS