Be silly, be honest, be kind. – R. W. Emerson

Thursday, June 21, 2012

It's been a little while since I've shared some of my favorite quotes. I'm drafting a cool piece on coveting right now, but it may be another day before I get it up. So until then, here are some quotes from my favorite smart people:
Be of good cheer. –Homer

Friends are the sunshine of life. –John Hay

We aren’t a drop in the ocean, but are the ocean in drops.

A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures for anything. –Irish Proverb

Love is always bestowed as a gift- freely, willingly, and without expectation. We don’t love to be loved. We love to love. -Leo Buscaglia

I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for that part of me that you bring out. -Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Always keep a bottle of champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you’ve got a bottle of champagne in the fridge. –Hester Browne

Life does not have to be perfect to be wonderful. –Annette Funicello

Found written on the wall in Mother Theresa’s home for children in Calcutta:
People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and sincere, people may decieve you. Be honest and sincere anyway.
What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.
Give the best you have and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway.
In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.

Hell is empty and all the devils are here. –William Shakespeare

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. –Jimi Hendrix

In an ideal world, no one would talk before 10am. People would just hug. Because waking up is really hard. –Zooey Deschanel

it takes courage to grow up & become who you really are. –e. e. cummings

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS