No. 15- Music

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Oh music, my love. I've been to a lot of concerts- big, small, rock, classical. I saw Dave Matthews (a cultural experience!), Matchbox 20, Alanis Morissette, and O.A.R. Those are the "big name" groups. I love the tiny concerts better.

One of my all-time favorite musicians is Will Hoge. He has such an amazing voice and I love the way his sound has progressed. I went to see him in high school- I think my senior year, so 2006 or 2007. It was winter. I stupidly brought all of my layers inside (such a concert novice) and then my date kindly held them the whole time. Opening up for Will Hoge was this tiny little band called Needtobreathe. And then we fell in love. They have become one of my favorite bands (and have turned quite famous). But the excitement of the crowd the showmanship, everything about them was awesome. Then Will Hoge came on - his voice just melted into you and you couldn't help but smile. He had worked in some amazing female vocalists, very Gospel-esque. It was just a completely amazing night, so much fun.

Here's Will Hoge live with "Not that Cool" (older song):



Live music- church or concert, just gives me the chills. It's delicious and loud and infectious. Since that unforgettable concert, I've seen Needtobreathe and Will Hoge many times. Music is wonderful. I always have a list of songs that I just can't get over. Live music always keeps you on your toes- no matter how well you think you know the song, there are always slight changes in performance that keep you smiling.

Needtobreathe with "Something Beautiful":


Wow! Now that I know how easy it is to post videos from YouTube, I'm going to have you watch and listen to things all the time. Sorry. :)

I have a long list of people I want to go see, music festivals I'd like to attend, but until then, Thomas and I singing loudly in the car will just have to suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS