No. 16- Siblings

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Hannah and Madison are two of the coolest people I know. Seriously. Let me convince you of their coolness and how much I adore them.

Hannah gets to go first because she's older. She jokes that she's the quintessential middle child. And we love her for it. This amazing almost-21 year-old is entering her senior year of college. It was almost difficult to type that sentence! I can't believe it. Hannah is ridiculously smart and one of the most creative people I know. She's going to be an elementary school teacher when she graduates (and is student teaching this year). Kids love her. She is so much fun. She's tall, blond hair, blue eyes, and is the only one in my family who tans easily. She loves the outdoors, her job as an after school program worker, her family, and her friends. Definitely the social butterfly of the bunch, her outgoing and infectious smile makes everyone wish to be her friend. She's fiercely loyal and very kind. Hannah's got a good sense of humor about her and is always fun to hang out with. She might be one of the bravest people I know. I call her "Haggis" and she calls me "Ginger." She doesn't like "Haggis" very much. I don't really mind "Ginger."

Madison is the youngest. At almost-15 she's entering her sophomore year of high school. The 8 classes she's taking this year? Honors English 2, AP Human Geography, Honors French 3, Honors Algebra 3, Honors Chemistry, Anatomy and Physiology, Biotechnical Engineering, and Sports Medicine. Did I mention she's completely insane and brilliant? Madison loves to swim and run. She's competed in numerous 5Ks and other runs and ranks very high in her age groups. She's a skinny little thing with pin-straight blond hair and blue eyes. Her mouth is LOUD and FAST. And if you know her, you know that those words had to be in bold and all caps. Madison has known since she was nine that she wanted to be a pediatric emergency room trauma surgeon. Wow. If only I had such a calling. I think you can tell by her list of classes at school. She can be so sweet. She does hilarious voice impersonations. I'm the only person in the world allowed to call her "Squirt Face."

Our very different personalities have led to endless fights, older siblings versus the younger ones, the loud pestering the quiet (the quiet would be me), and other stupid things. Hannah would lay on her back when my door was closed and kick it for up to 30 minutes. We both gave Madison carpet burn on multiple occasions. When Hannah was five, she crawled up my bed from the bottom and bit my belly button. I dug into her with my nails. We are super stingy with giving each other compliments. But there's also another side of us. When others aren't looking, we hug. We call each other just to check up. We got in our sleeping bags and had fun sliding down the stairs when our parents weren't home. We see if we can out do each other with the best birthday presents. I wouldn't trade Hannah and Madison for the world.

Haggis, Me, Squirt Face

How did my parents come up with three very different daughters? I don't know. What I do know is that they always encouraged us to do whatever we felt led to do. They emphasized the importance of being whoever we are. Sins are quickly forgiven and forgotten. Smiling is always encouraged. Hannah and Madison are the coolest people I know. Despite marriages, boyfriends, parents, friends, or anyone else, we will always know each other best. I couldn't have been more blessed to have Squirt Face and Haggis.

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww shucks Lauren. I love you too. The quiet have pestered the loud many times. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS