No. 3- An ode to my pants (aka trousers)

Sunday, July 8, 2012

No. 3
I love these pants. These right here:


I swear, I have an emotional bond with these pants. These pants and I have seen the world. They come with me on every major trip- Hawaii, California, Scotland... let's make that every trip. Ohio, North Carolina, Clemson, you name it, these pants come with me. Also fyi, when you're in Scotland, you can't call them pants. People think you're talking about your underwear. Trousers is the appropriate word. After 6 years, they've reached a magical point in our relationship. You know that book/movie, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants? One pair of pants fits 4 differently shaped girls? These are like those pants. Instead of me sharing them, they magically fit me at almost any size. You can see from the photo that they are a size 4 long. But I'm a 0/2 right now. Still fit. When I was an 8, they still fit. Very important in all matters dealing with medicine changes. These pants also always make me feel good about myself. I know, the Lord is the true thing that matters. I get that. I do love God above these pants. But one is not allowed to roam the earth buck naked. Even John the Baptist wore camel hair. And the man ate bugs. You can deny it if you want, but you know (man or woman) that you have a pair of pants or trousers that are beyond comfortable and that you still feel good in. These have faded. They are so soft. And since we're being honest, they make my butt look good. This is very important in American culture (Helllloooo Beyonce) and I do not have the luxury of anything round. It's two steps up from flat. But not in these pants!! In these pants I also feel tall. I know, I am tall. 5' 9" for a woman is no small number. It's at that dastardly point where I'm too tall for normal, but not tall enough for the tall sizes. In the States, you have to be 5'6" or 6'1". Right now I'm wearing a pair of jeans that I have to roll up. What I'm trying to say is, these pants are perfect. They are the perfect length. They have magically fit for 6 years. They hold their shape wear after wear. Other than a little fading, (and the lighting in the photo makes it look even more faded) still the best darn jeans ever. After this ode, I'll probably go change into the aforementioned pants. By the way, if you haven't caught on yet, this is post number 3 on the 30 Day Blog Post Challenge. [What's an article of clothing you're deeply attached to?]

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS