Life goes back to normal

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Just me. Sitting at home, contemplating a nap before bible study. But instead of thinking about what I have to write for the 30 Day Blog Post Challenge, I'm just wondering what to write in general. I've been working by natural light all day, but now it's almost 4:00 and the late summer thunderstorms (amplified by Tropical Storm Issac) are rolling in again, making the sky dark and cloudy. Thomas is flipping his sleep schedule to nights, so he's sleeping. Moby is sleeping, head hanging off the couch in a way that makes me marvel at his ability to stay on the couch and wonder how on earth that could be comfortable. Long story short- it's getting darker and I am tempted to fall asleep as well.

Life is moving along slowly, as most things in South Carolina move in August. Thomas and I know that if his leave chit for Italy isn't approved in time, we won't be able to afford to go. He's going to casually saunter by the Commander's office tomorrow morning at the end of his shift and see if he can't, very politely, inquire about the state of his approval. It is a very good thing I'm not allowed to go in his office, because I'm about ready to kick some shins. Let me rephrase that. If I were a different person, I would have kicked some shins. As I am me, even if I could meet them, I would just kill them with politeness, sweet smiles, and if it got really bad, some passive aggressive comments.

What can I say? When it comes down to it, I'm not very confrontational with people I don't know. Stubborn? Always. Aggressive or assertive? Maybe not as much.

So the blog is back to where is was, sort of. Dropping down on the number of hits each day, the list of countries with readers has gone back to the usual ones (but thank you to whoever read this blog in Morocco), and I no longer get to see that 100 people read a post. But the challenge was fun! Thank you to all who kept up with me and encouraged me along the way. Thank you to the few people who left comments, and to the large group of people who commented on Facebook or sent me messages. Hopefully I'll be able to translate some of the lessons I learned with that into my everyday ramblings.

You should probably forgive the next two or three posts as I am getting back into the swing of things, and contemplating where this blog will be going. If you have any ideas as to what you like to read, learn about me, etc, then let me know! Did you like the lots of strange personal information that was issued in the 30 day challenge? Not care for it so much? Want to know more about my strange Bipolar brain? The odd craft and art projects I do? Any improvements or changes you'd like to see? What makes you keep reading this blog?

I'm still baffled sometimes on that last one. Haha!

**Check out the tabs at the top of the page in the next couple of days. Hopefully I'll be able to update them with new blogs and websites I'm following. I'll never be able to keep up with how awesome other people's sites are, but I'll keep trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS