No. 28- Only two brands of clothing for the rest of your life

Monday, August 20, 2012

I'm not a huge trendy clothing person. The fact that this prompt is even in the blog challenge shows that by number 28, I was very tired in coming up with different ideas. I shop at consignment stores and discount stores like Marshalls or TJ Maxx to get the $150 pants for $20. I get my "trendy" clothes from Target or Old Navy because, let's face it, I'm not going to pay $200 for a pair of green jeans that aren't going to be "in" next year. I don't pay that much for a regular pair of jeans. I'm cheap. But in a scenario where my budget is expanded a bit, these are my only stores.

1. J. Crew- J Crew is classic, a little preppy, modern, and they have beautiful and well-made things. Pictured: Evie long dress, Brompton Mini Hobo; Green Polka Dot one-piece (so cute!)

 


 

2. Patagonia. When I don't feel like wearing floor-length gowns and I just want to be in clothes that I can live in, Patagonia is my go-to place for all things outdoorsy. Pictured: Down sweater hoodie; Atom bag (the only thing here I own- it's a great bag); Better Sweater Marsupial
**No one paid me to say this. These are my favorite stores and I mention them because I do love their stuff, the way they fit me, and the fact that a third of my closet is made up of these two brands. All photo credits belong to jcrew.com and patagonia.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS