From my sick bed (or couch)

Friday, September 7, 2012

Sorry I took a week long vacation! Except it wasn't really a vacation. I've been sick. Like nasty sick. Fever, nausea, vomiting, chills, sore throat, sick mouth (you know, tongue feels gross, cuts and scrapes, icy bacteria you can't get rid of, and too much spit), headache, dizzy, haven't eaten in 5 days, blah blah blah, gross gross gross. You get the picture.

I went to the hospital this morning and had to get a spinal tap at 7:30 am. What a way to start the day! I would like to state for the record that I DID NOT cry. Or wince. Or dig my fingernails into my arm. I was a champ. Whoo!! My doctor and nurses were all super impressed. They were all guys, joking around and laughing, and being super nice about everything. But I do not have meningitis (thank goodness) even though I have the worst stiff neck ever and a pounding headache. Everything came back clear except for some minor infections and dehydration.

In addition to winning Best Spinal Tap Ever, I also beat my own blood pressure score. 97/57. I know this sounds really strange, but I am strange and you should know that. You read this blog. I've always had wonderful blood pressure. They always have me tested twice at my doctor- as if I could somehow cheat the system. The nurse told me I was going to live forever with that blood pressure.

I don't really want to live forever.

Heaven sounds nice.

But a long healthy life on earth? That I will take.

Soon I will tell you about our new puppy! His name is Otto and he's friggin' adorable. Right now he's in his crate (and so is Moby) and he is barking incessantly. Since we are crate training him, I am ignoring him. It's hard. He has a really loud bark. Moby keeps sighing and looking at me in a way that says "why did you bring this thing into my house??" I keep looking back at him saying "this is your pet!" And it's true. Moby thinks Otto is his plaything. They love playing with each other. The reason that they're both penned up now is because they go insane when they are out. Luckily this tires them out and they sleep really well.

You'll get Otto's story in the next post, where I will hopefully have some pictures and how to make your own ridiculously easy sock toy.

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness!!! Poor girl! Feel better soon!! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm feeling a bit better. Hopefully i'll be better soon!

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS