Because I'm really excited about Christmas...

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Christmas tags! Everyone is always looking for a way to save a little money around the holidays. There are thousands of Pinterest links to Christmas gifts you can make, things to do, but here's a little holiday inspiration from me. This is not fancy, it doesn't take a lot of time or money, and can be totally personalized with stuff you already have in your house.


What you'll need:
-paper scraps (I used anything I could find- paper grocery bags, scrap paper, construction paper, scrapbook paper, can use old Christmas cards, cereal boxes, etc)
-pens (gel pens, rollerball, whatever suits you)
-alphabet stamps (optional- can get for $1 at large craft supply chains)
-paper tape (see sources below)
-scissors


I made over 200 tags (yes Mom, I have yours). The options are endless- depends on how you write, use tape, make little drawings. This really isn't a tutorial. Just inspiration that super creative, or super frugal, you can save a bit and have cool Christmas tags.


I love me some washi tape. Most of my tape isn't actually Japanese, but it does the trick. "Printed paper tape," how about that? You can put it on everything! Sources: Martha Stewart (at Michael's), Todd Oldham's Kid Made Modern (at Target), Target's office supply section (best deal- 4 big rolls of tape for $4), and a few other places. Target, Michael's has a small selection, paper-source.com, even Marshall's on occasion. Etsy.com has the best selection of tape from Japan.


Green scrapbook paper & stamps; red cardstock and teal paper tape from Target; leaf paper from a school art project & red paper tape from Target.


 Tear, overlap, or cut your tape to create cool patterns.


 If you're not crafty- the tape does all the work. If you are, go back and add little drawings or sayings. (And aren't we happy that I photographed a project during the day? I know. Thrilled.)

P.S. Sorry for the many changes in blog appearance. I was a bit fed up with the last look, so I've been tinkering with it until I'm happy. I think I finally am!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS