Fabric Covered Toms

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I have three pair of toms- one dingy olive, some purple thumbprint ones, and a pair of suede canvas booties that I got before Italy. The olive ones and the thumbprint ones are sad. Very sad. But also worn in perfectly. At the moment, I don't have $45 to drop on a new pair. Since the sadness in appearance is only aesthetic, not structural, I thought that this tutorial from Handmade Homemaker would be perfect for bringing new life to my Toms and dipping into my fabric stash. The only thing I had to buy was the glue (about $3.50 at Michael's).


They got a much coveted "pretty sweet" review from my husband, so I'm proud. I'm contemplating a bit of embroidery (tiny bit), but we'll see. The tutorial was excellent. The few things I'd add: Cut your pieces out completely before gluing. Measure as closely as possible. Better to err larger than smaller, though.

Perhaps my friends will let me cover theirs... please?



2 comments:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS