Inexplicable Madness

Sunday, November 11, 2012

There are some days that make it next to impossible not to scream out loud in frustration. This was one of those days. There was an ill-fated trip to Target to get socks for Thomas that led to me having a panic attack on the drive home (which, let me tell you, is not the time to be having panic attacks). There were a couple of sweet puppies who, in an attempt to cheer up their very sad mum, ended up licking salty tears away, only to jump up and conk very bony heads against my skull. Ouch.

There were a few high points- going to the dog park on a lovely day, scoring a book of $30 worth of coupons, finding a cookie jar on clearance (I've always wanted a cookie jar), and because of the panic attack and the cookie jar- having my husband suggest we have cookies for dinner. (We ended up with a 50/50 split of cookies and macaroni and cheese. Blog title win.)

The last couple months have been really tough for me. I've been battling some hard stuff and I'm not too sure how to broach the subject. I've been experiencing symptoms that I last dealt with years ago, and suffice it to say these are not pleasant things. The panic attack alone should tell you that. I've been fighting a losing battle with my memory as well, and I'm praying things take a turn for the better soon. I am asking for your prayers, your thoughts, and your well wishes. Please.

Thanks friends.

2 comments:

  1. "This is another day, O Lord. I know not what it will bring forth, but make me ready, Lord, for whatever it may be. If I am to stand up, help me to stand bravely. If I am to sit still, help me to sit quietly. If I am to lie low, help me to do it patiently. And if I am to do nothing, let me do it gallantly. Make these words more than words, and give me the Spirit of Jesus. Amen."
    When I'm having a bad time with migraines and anxiety, I find 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 encouraging. It just reminds me to dwell in God's strength. I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS