Thankful time, all the time

Monday, November 26, 2012

So as I sit on my couch eating a bowl of leftover garlic parmesan mashed potatoes, I realized I didn't write a "this year I'm OMG so thankful for" like every other blogger in America. So here it is. I am OMG so thankful (that's annoying. that will stop now.) for...


1. This guy. Look at him! He's adorable! Thomas is my bestest friend, the love of my life, and the person I kiss every night before I go to sleep. He's the guy who cleaned up our Thanksgiving feast, surprised me with Christmas lights when I came home tonight, patiently listens to my distracted rambling, says "I love you" at least 15 times a day, and (usually) is willing to go along with my harebrained plans. Thomas, you make me want to be the best I can be, every day.


2. These two people and the family they've created. These are my parents. And they're super. And along with them, my sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, extended family, grandparents- they are all incredible people who have made me into a far better person.


3. My therapy dogs. Moby (Moebs) and Otto (Ott-Bot) are nuts, as evidenced by their crazy mountain behavior this weekend (long story). But there are few humans who are as consistently loving and patient as they are. Everyday, they say "HELLO! WE ARE SO SUPER GLAD YOU WOKE UP!! LET'S POOP AND THEN EAT! CAN WE PLAY? LET'S PLAY!! YAY!" Yes. Always at that decibel level too.


4. These two weeks. Travel makes me so happy. Giddy- skipping through the streets of Rome. I'm gushing "Look at this painting! Look at that neoclassical style! Doric! Ionic! Corinthian! Palladio! Where's Thomas?" Religion and art-history studying daughter of two people who went to architecture school, right here. Turns out that it works fairly well with a marriage to an engineer. I just have to also act very excited about how it was built. But Thomas and I know now why people go on honeymoons. And we decided to stay married.


5. Living in the Charleston area. At the beginning of the year, we weren't sure how much longer we were going to be here, but we got to stay! This place is as much a part of me as family, and it's nice to hold on to that a bit longer before moving to other ports. Also, I'm always a fan of water and large swings in public spaces.


6. This day. Because that day lead to this life. This life may be busy, crazy, unexpected, different... but it is mine. I relish every day that I get to live here. This is where God wants me, this is where I am blessed to be.

2 comments:

  1. OMG Lauren, you have like, so much you can totally be thankful for. You have like, this beautiful life that is like, soooooooo beautiful.

    Urgh. I hate myself a little right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sarah. Reading your comment in my head in a Scottish accent, like, made my day! LOL! ROTFL! OMG!

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS