15 Weeks

Thursday, February 28, 2013

 We took 24 pictures this week and I hated them all. Not sure what my shirt is doing here.
This one is okay enough to get the official seal of approval.

How far along? 15 weeks! Yay for month 4 and being in the second trimester. The Jellybean is the size of a naval orange. 4 inches long, and 2.5 ounces.
Total weight gain? I'm going to go weigh myself, give me a second... still 3 pounds. I don't think my body knows I'm pregnant.
Maternity clothes? With only 3 pounds of weight gain, I really don't need to worry about it too much. That, and I miss my old pants, so I've been wearing the belly band like there's no tomorrow. Thank you spandex that means I don't have to button my pants. It's awesome.
Sleep? Sleeping really well. Dreams are still weird (last night in my dreams, Thomas promised to take me shopping), but sleep is good and I usually don't have to wake up for a bathroom break until I'm ready to get up for the day. Sweet.
Movement? I haven't been able to feel anything, but the Chicklet has been moving and shaking like mad. When I went for my 16 week appointment yesterday, my midwife was having a hard time keeping up with the heartbeat as the little one wiggled around.
Miss anything? Lunch meat, a medium rare steak, not worrying about my caffeine intake, having an congestion-free nose, sushi, and I miss that time where I wasn't very picky about what I ate.
Food cravings? Always! Vinegar. I know that's weird, but I love the tang. Seafood, especially shrimp. Cantaloupe, cereal, frozen yogurt, salads, and cucumbers.
Aversions? Nothing really specific this week (other than my continuing distaste of Chinese food), but as I hinted above, I can be a very picky eater. Thomas and I rarely eat the same thing for dinner because I never seem to know what I want and I also would feel bad if his taste buds had to be subjected to my pregnancy whims.
Have you started to show? I was wrong. It is actually taking me a very long time to show. To everyone else, I probably just look like I ate a really big lunch. No worries, it will happen eventually.
Bipolar Disorder? It keeps flitting in and out of my life. No day this week has been as bad as Sunday, but I still haven't felt really great again. It's okay though, I'll just keep an eye on it- my stink eye- and hopefully it will back off.

If you ever get this look from me, you might be my husband. 

Looking forward to? Actually getting to feel movement could happen any day now, so here's to hoping it'll be sooner rather than later.
Best day this week? Grinning like a fool on Wednesday when I heard my babe's heartbeat. I know you just think I'm some loony pregnant woman, but since I can't feel movement yet, getting a little reassurance that the thing growing in me is alive and well is wonderful. That, and I am just a loony pregnant woman.
Gender? The appointment is set for April 5! Our big Fetal Anatomy Scan (the intimidating-sounding ultrasound to check out all of my little bambino's parts) will give us a heads up on how the Jellybean is growing and also, if it will be so kind as to give us a lovely view of the downstairs, clue us in to the potty training future (you know, sitting or standing).
Not my favorite: Have you ever registered for baby things? If you have and I have not adequately expressed my sympathies- I am so so sorry. I am working on my list of things we need and I'm just beat. I thought the wedding registry was tough. Well no one on your wedding registry will tell you that your unborn child will die a horrible death if you register for [insert some item here]. Thankfully, my mom is awesome. She gave me some advice that I think was meant for later in the delivery room, but has served me well since I'm not there yet. She said "trust your gut." That, and the words she said around that phrase are the best advice I've gotten. Don't let the web trolls get to you!
Favorite: You, my little Jellybean Chicklet. You are my favorite.
What do I know? A reasonable amount of research, a dose of advice, and listening to your gut is my motto for making decisions. Then move on with your life.
Sorry kid but... I can't spend $2,000 on a crib for you. I can't spend $1,000 on a stroller. I promise you will have things that are safe, and I won't buy a $10 car seat off of Craigslist, but the fact of the matter is that you will probably like playing with cardboard boxes, wooden kitchen spoons, and the dog's toys (and their tails) more than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS