Phlegm, tea, and my uterus

Saturday, February 9, 2013

I am hacking up phlegm. I sound so lovely right now. Thomas brought home a cold over a week ago. He has since gotten better, and now I have it. I could complain for a really long time about how awful it is to have a cold, but everyone has had one. You know how I feel. Except for one, tiny, little thing: when you're 12 weeks pregnant, you can't take any medicine that would do anything for a cold. No cough syrup, NyQuil, cough drops, Sudafed, nothing. Grrrrrrrrrrr. It's been hard caramels to soothe my throat, tea, warm baths, and hot chocolate all the way.

In fact, it's time for tea now. And if anyone knows where to find Scottish breakfast tea in the States, I will pay you handsomely. Not really, but you can have my undying love and affection- and that's priceless. I also take my tea with sugar, no milk. I don't know if that's tea heresy or not, but I'm from the American South as well, where we ice our tea and rarely drink it hot, so I probably killed fine tea drinking long ago.

 12 weeks- size of a nectarine

As you can see, I still have yet to master the art of looking at the camera, smiling, and not shooting a 10,000,000 watt smile. It's kind of creepy.

I'd also love to show you a belly picture from the side, but as I lamented to my unborn child while standing in the bathroom this evening, it's just not happening. My mom told me yesterday to be happy about this fact now, but I can't button my jeans and I'd like something to show for that fact eventually. By eventually, I mean soon. Tomorrow would be good. I'm guessing that since my uterus is almost the size of a melon and the babe's officially peach-size tomorrow, it's simply pushing every other organ to places like my arms and thighs.* 'Cmon baby, grow big, stop burrowing into my organs.

Speaking of that, I'm quite sure the baby is punching my bladder. Just for kicks and giggles. It's still to soon to actually feel the kicks, even though they are moving around a good bit, but there are these little pings in my bladder occasionally. It's like the urge to go to the bathroom, but it only lasts a split second or two. (I'm so glad y'all are cool with me talking about my internal organs- bladder, uterus- on a semi-constant basis.)

*Yes, I know that's not actually the case, that they are still hanging out in my abdomen, but it would explain why I can only eat tiny meals before getting full.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS