The Reading List

Friday, February 8, 2013

When you're pregnant, there's nothing people tell you more than "get ready not to have any time to yourself." Or some variation of that. So I am enjoying the freedom while I can and have decided that one of my big to-do's that's not related to the nursery or pregnancy books is reading for pleasure. I made a massive list of the books I want to read (and actually own) and since people are always asking me what to read next, this is what I'm reading.


First Stack, top to bottom
The Irresistable Revolution- Shane Claiborne
Boy- Roald Dahl*
Suite Francaise- Irene Nemirovsky
The Awful End of Prince William the Silent- Lisa Jardine
The Art of Racing in the Rain- Garth Stein
Special Topics in Calamity Physics- Marisha Pessl
Love Wins- Rob Bell
Lucrezia Borgia- Sarah Bradford
The Corrections- Jonathan Franzen
The Believers- Zoe Heller
(not pictured: Bossypants- Tina Fey)

Second Stack
Mornings with Henri J. M. Nouwen- Henri J. M. Nouwen*
The Magician's Nephew- C. S. Lewis*
Summer People- Brian Groh
Black Heels to Tractor Wheels- Ree Drummond
The Book Thief- Markus Zusak
The Friday Night Knitting Club- Kate Jacobs*
A Long Way Gone- Ishmael Beah
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society- Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
The Pillars of the Earth- Ken Follett
Finding Martha's Place- Martha Hawkins
Stones into Schools- Greg Mortenson
Unorthodox- Deborah Feldman

*Denotes books I have read before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS