17 Weeks

Monday, March 11, 2013

 Hello readers! Welcome to Week 17! This is my onion baby!

How far along? 17 weeks! The Jellybean is the size of an onion. 5.1 inches long, and 5.9 ounces. Highlights: Little One has fingerprints and the cartilage skeleton is turning to bone.
Total weight gain? 4 pounds. I weighed 125 pre-pregnancy. As I told a friend last night, 2 of those pounds went to my love handles and the remaining pounds and a few ounces went to the belly. Ahh, full disclosure.
Maternity clothes? Just the belly band. If you don't know what that is, click here. Well, and some maternity leggings from Gap. I finally know why every pregnant lady raves about them. I would like at least 2 more pair! They are beyond comfortable.
Movement? Nope. The only thing moving are my muscles- and it hurts! They are stretching and moving to accommodate the rapidly increasing size of the babe and it's dwelling. The optimum time for this must be 4 am, when I am trying to sleep. It is severely uncomfortable.

Ahh, out-takes. Don't know what this face was for, but it's lovely, isn't it?

Miss anything? Being able to breathe. I finally went to the doctor who informed me that it's a combination of allergies and sinusitis (which sounds like a made up word, but it's real- inflamed linings of my nose and lungs). I've never really had allergies before, but oh the joys of pregnancy. My condolences to anyone else in the Charleston area battling the insane amount of pollen.
Food cravings? Spaghettios, strawberries, hamburgers, Sour Patch Kids, strawberry-kiwi Jello cups (definitely the best flavor), and anything else I can think of.
Aversions? Mostly just being a picky eater again.
Have you started to show? Yep. It may be small, but I have a small bump at all hours of the day now. Grows a lot after a big meal though... or if I'm pushing it out to stretch my back. :)
Bipolar Disorder? Nothing since the post a while back. Yay! I'm just aware of what's going on, taking each day as it comes.
Looking forward to? Move, Chicklet, move! Whenever you want...
Favorite: Whenever my most amazing husband remembers my cravings and comes walking in the door with whatever I've been talking about for the past few hours/days.

Official week 17 photo. Also, I'm cutting my bangs tomorrow morning.
Check it- did you notice there's a bump in all of the pictures? That's my baby!

Best day this week? Okay, I know it's Lent, but Hallelujah!! for nesting and spring cleaning coinciding. Okay, Hallelujahs back in the box until March 31. It's been awesome. As you (and my husband) well know, my first trimester had me sleeping more than anything else, so cooking and cleaning went on the back burner. But now that my energy is back, I've been tackling projects left and right. Closets are being cleaned out, junk is tossed, and the house is feeling happier and cleaner. I still put my feet up at the end of the day (or sometimes during it), but I'm very productive.
Gender? I officially do not care. There are cute boy clothes and cute girl clothes. There are reasons I'm scared of having a boy (potty training) and a girl (boys). People keep asking me as I get closer to the ultrasound, but what can I do about it? Nothing. Baby B has already made up it's mind and we are just waiting to be clued in in the coming weeks. I'll probably cry of delight either way.
What do I know? I am scared of this big ultrasound. Everyone talks about the gender, but since we opted out of the very early tests for potential problems, this could be the first time we find out about scarier things. It's okay, nothing anyone says will make me feel super until I manage to get this baby out of me... then I breathe for a minute... then motherhood sets in. I will be worrying for the rest of my life. As my grandpa says: "Oh me oh my."
Sorry kid, but... You just might end up as pale as me. Your father has a farmer's tan, which proves he has the ability to add color to his skin. I don't have that ability. You're part Swedish/German (a little Irish, Blackfoot, and English thrown in for flavor) kid, face the facts now. Your dad is Irish, Scottish, and English, so there might not be too much hope on that side either. Good luck.

2 comments:

  1. aww, you are still just so small and cute!! Enjoy this stage while you can still bend over! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am already trying to avoid bending over! I'm a little slower at getting back upright. :) I'm liking the small bump stage, but I am seriously pushing the limits of my regular clothing, so part of me does want to be large enough to fill out some maternity clothes.

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS