18 Weeks

Sunday, March 17, 2013

 I'm sorry? Wasn't it just the size of a lime yesterday?

How far along? 18 weeks! The Jellybean is the size of a sweet potato. 5.6 inches long, and 6.7 ounces. Highlights: Little One is yawning, hiccuping, swallowing, twisting, and kicking.
Total weight gain? Whoooo boy! 6 pounds. This is not shocking. I am hungry all of the time. I'm just trying to keep it semi-steady so I don't blow through all of my maternity weight in one go. Some days it really feels like I will!
Maternity clothes? Just the belly band and maternity leggings. Of course, anything with a little extra fabric in the belly doesn't hurt. I'm always trying to find new ways to wear things.
Movement? Not that I can feel. Books and people keep taunting me with it! But it could really be any day, so I try and get though the icky stomach muscle pain and hope that one night I'll be rewarded with my little one moving instead!

Working our way through the produce section slowly but surely.
On a related note, sweet potatoes are .99 cents a pound at Publix.

Miss anything? Just the usual suspects: deli meat, hot dogs, and rarely cooked meat.
Food cravings? Potatoes this week! Baked potatoes, mashed potatoes- yum starch. Deviled eggs as well (I ate four of them tonight). Also, strawberries, milk, basil pesto, chicken salad, and hot tea.
Have you started to show? Yes. Some clothing can still hide it on occasion, but it's there.
Sleep? Not good. The muscles in my abdomen have been stretching, and they do it at the inconvenient time of the very middle of the night. So I may fall asleep quickly, and Thomas assures me that I can sleep in as late as I want, but most nights I am awake and horribly uncomfortable.
Looking forward to? Of course, you know I'll say movement! With everyone telling me how awesome it is, how could I not look forward to it? Thomas and I are also very excited about the big ultrasound on April 5 (nervous and excited).

Gotta put my hand on the top of the bump, so you can see it.

Symptoms: Allergies, headaches, extra veins & more noticeable veins, itchy skin, mild back pain, and rapid weight gain.
Belly Button in or out? I have a very deep "innie" normally, and it still is inward, but it's changing shape for sure! Not as deep, and kind of a weird shape.
Gender? April 5. I will let you know when I know!
What do I know? I never really understood lumbar pillows until I was pregnant.
Note to the Jellybean: You are so loved, Jellybean. Your whole family (and our extended network of friends) can't wait for you to get here. We're all talking to you as much as possible- Madison chatted your ear off about onesies tonight, Thomas tells you how much he loves you, and I just jabber to you about whatever I'm doing. I think you'll be very quick to put faces with voices! I'm always pestering encouraging your Dad to talk to you more. He's slowly getting more comfortable with it, but give him time. I'm still getting used to talking to my stomach!

Official 18 week photo. Also, I had no idea that this super cute tunic would work out so well
for pregnancy! I think I'll start wearing this frequently. Forgive me, I don't have many options.
(H&M Scotland a few years ago- has a few subtle pleats for maximum belly comfort.)

P.S. - Aren't you glad I got those bangs figured out? Me too.

1 comment:

  1. so cute Lauren! And was thinking that the tunic looked super cute! Great when normal shirts can also be maternity shirts! ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS