22 Weeks

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

 
 22 Weeks- Little girl is the size of a papaya! I just finished laughing in this 
photo, if you can't tell. My photographer is not very serious.

How far along? 22 weeks! The Jellybean is the size of a papaya. About 11 inches long, and almost a pound. Seriously? My little girl is the size of that fruit? It's huge!
Total weight gain? 11 pounds
Maternity clothes? For me, anything with spandex or elastic is considered maternity wear.
Movement? Yes! Every single day. She woke up yesterday morning at 7:30 for about 45 minutes- just squirming and kicking and moving around. It is completely amazing. Still makes me grin every time it happens. I love it! She's a nocturnal little thing though, not much movement during the day.
Gender? Girl! I love never having to refer to her as "it" anymore. She'll always be my Jellybean.
Miss anything? I miss being able to move, bend, and have the energy I used to have. But I really like being pregnant and I am really blessed to have a pregnancy that is going so well. Thank you, family, friends, and readers, for all of your awesome support.
Food cravings? Hamburgers, strawberry-kiwi Jello cups, baby carrots, more of the Italian 5-grain bread from Publix (if you live near a Publix, go get some!), shrimp scampi, and lots of ice cold water now that the weather is warming up.

When I import my photos, these are the bulk: ridiculous shots. Today- no good ones at all.
"I don't know who you are. I'm just a pregnant lady with a papaya." 

Have you started to show? Yes. It's still small, but I am enjoying my little belly. It will get bigger when it needs to. Still have no idea how my papaya-sized child is fitting in there, though!
Sleep? What happened in the last week? It's been taking me forever to fall asleep. No fun.
Bipolar Disorder? It's been great. No troubles. I have an appointment with my psychiatrist today and was happy to say that all is still going well! We talked a bit about post-pregnancy as well. It's great to have an optimistic and realistic doctor. We'll continue to make sure that I'm safe and healthy, simply playing it by ear- no rush to return to medications if things still seem to be going well. And every effort to remedy any problems if and when they show up.
Belly Button in or out? Still in. Still getting more shallow daily.
Looking forward to? Everything! Some registry things in the next week, and just general things to welcome this little girl into our family. Today was the first day I could feel her kicks by putting my hand on my belly, so I'm thinking that she'll be moving for her dad any time now!
Best moment this week? Finally completing cleaning out the nursery. Over the last week or so, I've probably put in 70 hours of cleaning and organizing to get all of my stuff out so we can fill it with things she will need! The crib and glider are here, and a trip to Ikea on Friday will cover the other big room needs. We also picked out a paint color! I'll do a nursery post this week.

"What are we going to do with a papaya?"
Anyone have any good papaya recipes? 

Also, sorry Baby Girl, that this is half of your genetics. 
While the other half is the person that made your mother make this face.
Yikes. 

Note to the Jellybean: Hello Little Girl! I got a little shocked the other day when I said out loud that I only had 18 weeks left in this pregnancy. Really? More than halfway there? After what seemed like an endless wait before telling people, and another long wait for a baby bump, perhaps I shouldn't be so surprised. We are excited for your arrival, but we have a long list of things to do before you get here. Most of those to-dos involve buying things- even trying to be conservative in our needs, babies come with a long list of stuff to get. For now, while my body can still provide everything you need, your dad and I are content with our favorite parts of preparing for your arrival- singing, reading, and talking to you. See you in a few months!

1 comment:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS