30 Weeks

Saturday, June 15, 2013

 
 30 weeks! Dad wanted to get the magnolia in the picture.

How far along? 30 weeks!! I'm in the final fourth of my pregnancy and I couldn't be more excited that it's drawing to a close- I am excited to meet her. Baby girl is the size of an cucumber (a large cucumber). 15.2 to 16.7 inches and about 3 pounds. Her brain is getting wrinklier as it continues to make brain tissue and she's strong enough to grasp a finger.
Gender? It's a she-bean!
Movement? It's frequent, but still very nocturnal. She moves when people talk to her, constantly shifts and changes positions, puts her feet behind my ribs (only on my right side though!), and is very active whenever I lay on my right side. I can see her move from the outside, and it's very easy to feel where she is by pressing on my stomach- even though I have no idea what part of her I'm actually feeling. That will be something I miss for sure.
Food cravings? Hamburgers, of course! I really just can't seem to get enough meat in my diet.
Have you started to show? Oh yes. I'm still small, but people can tell. Overall, I feel pretty awesome. I still have ankles, little to no swelling, and I only feel like a blimp about 30% of the time. 

The aunts-to-be: Hannah and Madison

Symptoms? My uterus is almost up to my chest, which means my lungs are struggling to expand when I yawn, sneeze, or just try to breathe at all. I'm having difficulty sleeping and even trouble feeling comfortable at all - sitting, standing, laying down, nothing feels right. I'm trying to give myself as much rest as possible, a pass on not getting every little thing done, and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, so that helps tremendously.
Belly Button in or out? Almost flat!
Midwife? My glucose screening came back clear! Whooo! I'm incredibly relieved. We discussed labor and delivery more. The number of contractions per hour I should look out for, when to call them, and what I need to be aware of when going into labor. We talked about the reasons I would need a C-section (hypothetically; she said her goal and the goal of all the obstetricians in the office is to have me deliver vaginally, but we covered the medically necessary scenarios) and my stance on epidurals (would like to deliver without one, but I'm also in the never say never boat- I've never been through labor and I reserve the right to change my mind if I'm in an intense amount of pain!). I told her my goal is for my baby girl to come out healthy and for me to do the same. Beyond that, I am going to be flexible. I think it really helps that I trust my midwife without a doubt and I trust myself.

 If he gets picked up as an officer, I'm going to miss that funny hat.

Total weight gain? 20 pounds.
This week? This has been a tough week. I've been very anxious about getting closer to my due date and worried that we're just not ready (more so with things that she'll need, less so emotionally). In many ways I feel like I'm reverting back to how I was when I first got pregnant, except I'm not worrying about pregnancy, I'm worried about delivery and [yikes!] parenting. I'm reading lots and giving Thomas too many exasperated "I know!"s whenever he tells me that it'll all work out (he really is so sweet). I'm trying to remind myself that she won't need a lot right away (car seat, pack n play - she'll be co-sleeping with us in our room, diapers). Overall, I just need to stop stressing myself out. Hahaha, yeah right.
Looking forward to? A trip to Maryland in a few weeks to see one of my best friends (haven't seen her since my wedding) and some baby showers in 2 weeks.
Note to the Jellybean: I love you, my sweet, silly, kicking girl. But if you could please stop putting your feet behind my right ribs, I would seriously appreciate it. You're doing it right now, and I have yet to find a way to get you to shift positions once your mind is made up. I may not know your hair or eye color, but it's pretty definite that your father and I have passed on our stubborn genes.

Blog house keeping stuff: there's a fancy little link (ha!) in the right sidebar to follow my blog on Bloglovin'. It's very easy and Bloglovin' will even transport all of your blogs from Google Reader or Dashboard over (took me about 45 seconds). Remember that Google Reader is biting the dust on July 1, so if you keep up with me that way... well, you just won't be able to anymore. You can also follow me on Facebook, where I mostly only ever remember to post new blog posts, so there's not much else there- which might be a good thing if you don't want me taking over your news feed. Remember to add me to your interest lists so I actually show up in your news feed. That's all for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS