31 Weeks

Saturday, June 22, 2013

 No picture of me, but aren't my puppies cute?

How far along? 31 weeks! I'm sorry I don't have a picture for you this week. It's been busy and stressful around here. Maybe for 32 weeks I'll have a picture and get this out on time. We can only hope. Baby girl is 15.2 to 16.7 inches and up to 3.8 pounds. All five of her senses are fully developed. Her irises react to light and that ever important nerve and brain development keeps moving along.
Movement? It's usually frequent, but she's been slacking off today. So this afternoon I woke her up and demanded that she start moving around before I started to really freak out. I fell asleep counting her movements, but she gave me 5 in 15 minutes (to give you an idea, they like 10 in 2 hours), so I worried less. Then her father talked to her... let's just say she's already daddy's girl.
Food cravings? I'm always leaning toward shrimp. As more fruits are coming into season, I can't grab peaches, cantaloupe, strawberries, and grapes fast enough. I also asked for a Chipotle burrito with watermelon salsa. I don't know if that's a thing, but it should be.
Have you started to show? Yes. I'm wearing almost exclusively maternity clothes. I can fit into some of my pre-pregnancy things, but with the heat rising, loose fitting is nice. And my most favorite gap maternity yoga pants. These are great- super low in front, so no waistband cutting into me.
Symptoms? Absentmindedness, anxiety, ridiculously uncomfortable almost always!
Belly Button in or out? 1/3 of the way out. How is it 1/3? Well it apparently doesn't all pop out overnight. The top is out, the rest is still in (a little). Why? Who knows.
Total weight gain? Many numbers, as I say to Thomas. 21 pounds.
Looking forward to? The nursery is so close to being done! It is looking great and definitely makes me more at ease to be checking something off the to-do list. We still have a crazy amount of things to buy before she gets here, but I tell myself every day (or every hour) that we still have a little bit of time left and she doesn't need everything at once. Up next (and possibly getting started tonight): packing the hospital bag!
Note to the Jellybean: I love you, my sweet girl. Just a few more weeks! We are so excited to meet you- to see what you look like, to hold you, even to hear that first cry. For now, as I always say, stay in there and grow healthy and strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS