37 Weeks

Thursday, August 1, 2013

 37 Weeks in my parents' gorgeous back yard.

How far along? 37 weeks! THE JELLYBEAN IS FULL-TERM!! Let's all do a happy dance. She's possibly 19 inches long and 6-9 pounds! She gains half an ounce each day. She's practicing inhaling, exhaling, gripping, sucking, and blinking. Her lungs are strong. In less cute news, she's getting ready for the nasty tar-like poop called meconium. That will be fun.
Gender? You'll find out her name very soon!
Movement? Very frequent, but not quite as intense- she's running out of room in there. As I mentioned last week, lots of burrowing on one side of me. It's kind of cute to see a little baby shape there. Movement is definitely going to be the thing that I miss once she's here.
Food cravings? Milk, strawberries, bananas, mac and cheese
Have you started to show? I am rotund.
Symptoms? I think I'm just getting used to the joint pain by now. Occasionally it feels rough, but most of the time I don't think about it. Yes, I waddle now. I'm nesting like crazy, which is great, but despite the uptick in energy, I'm still considerably slower than those without a basketball under their shirts. Baby girl is headbutting my bladder, so y'all know how that symptom ends. Lots of trouble sleeping between bathroom breaks, a burrowing baby who makes it hard to lay on my side, and general discomfort. But I'll take what I can get- I'm still sleeping more now than I will be.

 Thomas got me laughing about who-knows-what.

Belly Button in or out? All the way out!
Midwife? If you're not comfortable with female body stuff, you might want to skip this. I saw her yesterday- I'm completely effaced and dilated to 2 centimeters. 1-4 is considered "inactive" - so it could be tonight, it could be another week. Lost my mucus plug last week- another hurry-up-and-wait thing. Lots of Braxton Hicks contractions, but they go away when I get up and walk around for a bit- though they are very uncomfortable, and only getting more so.
Total weight gain? 26 pounds. I thought I'd be gaining lots here towards the end, but it's slowing down. Midwife says not to worry about it, so I continue to eat and I try not to worry!
This week? I had a great last baby shower at my church- full of very generous people! I grabbed some more things off my registry with the help of my sister, so my time today has been filled with washing baby clothes, putting diapers and wipes away, and cutting tags off things. A very kind friend bought us a car seat, so that's been riding around with me in the Outback. We are loading up on dog food and treats, making sure they have their shots, cleaning the house, doing laundry, stocking up on supplies like soap and hand sanitizer.

 Eye-spy

Looking forward to? Checking those last few things off the to-do list and then awaiting her arrival! But as I told Thomas, who had a worried moment the other day, "if she comes tonight, we'll get our stuff together, go to the hospital, and I'll deliver this sweet baby girl. Then we hop on the hospital's provided wi-fi (after a good nap) and go on amazon.com where we use our free 2 day-shipping to get everything else we need." Ahh, modern conveniences.
Note to the Jellybean: Hello Baby Girl! We are soooooooo excited to meet you. Especially since 3 babies I know were born on your grandmother's birthday (July 30)! Seeing all of those cute little faces just made me even more excited to see yours. Your dad and I take guesses daily as to whose hair type, eye color, skin tone, and hair color you will come out with. Your mom's side of the family is busy taking bets on whose birthday you'll be born on and how big you will be, for we were all huge babies and generally end up coming out on other people's birthdays. It's exciting, reaching August- you will be here this month!
-----------
Follow me on Facebook. Follow my blog on Bloglovin'. 

4 comments:

  1. AAAHHHHH!!!! I am going to be an aunt!!!!!!!!!!!!! BABY! BABY BABY! <-- There is going to be a super cute, new one soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This may be the most excited comment I've ever received. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. So so close!!! You're looking awesome still! Can't wait to see the post that baby girl has arrived. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Every time I'm in the middle of a Braxton Hicks, Thomas is like "is that a real one??" I can't wait to share the news either! Soon and very soon, I hope.

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS