38 Weeks- are we finished already?

Monday, August 12, 2013

Sorry this is late, as I'm technically 39 weeks already and I'm sorry that I forgot to get a picture of myself at 38 weeks. I don't even have any good pictures of my dogs, husband, or anything else in my life that happened that week. This is why I refuse to buy myself a super fancy camera. I cannot be trusted to document my own life.

How far along? 38 weeks- getting closer every day. She's possibly 19 to 21 inches long and 6 to 9 pounds! Her head is about the same circumference as her little belly. She's shedding the vernix that has been keeping her warm and may have an inch or more of hair on that cute little head! She's about the size of a pumpkin. And you can't find those around here in August.
Gender? A baby girl.
Movement? Frequent, but different. I can feel body parts as she shifts and tries to get comfortable in a cramped space. Little hands, feet, and baby butts are easy to feel for. She kicked Thomas in the face as he was talking to her last night- not the first time that's happened. She's still very fond of putting her feet behind or under my ribs on my right side. If you see me place my hand there and take a really deep breath, that's why.
Food cravings? Chicken, Mexican food... and shocker of all shockers- I kind of think I might be hankering for Chinese again. Not sure if it's a mental craving or if I'll get sick the minute I smell it again, but the Kung Pao shrimp at P.F. Chang's is calling my name and I want to answer! I haven't had the guts to try it out yet. We'll see how brave I am and how long she makes us wait.
Have you started to show? I'm carrying around a pumpkin/basketball/full term baby. You can definitely tell. We took an infant CPR class this week and even though I was the one in the class closest to my due date, I was the smallest (except for the lady due in November- we were about the same size). I may look pregnant, I just don't look 9 months pregnant.
Symptoms? Braxton Hicks galore, haven't slept through the night in months, easily tired, frequently hungry, and leaky breasts (hopefully that's a good sign).
Belly Button in or out? Out. Ready to have my "innie" back again. Thomas just loves pushing my button (his little pun, not mine- I don't find the scenario quite as amusing).
Midwife? Every week she can't believe how far down the Jellybean's head is. I think the child is just going to burrow her way out without the assistance of contractions. That's what it felt like last night, as she was headbutting me and then kicking against the top of the uterus. Needless to say, it was a little painful. A little over 2 cm dilated, so not much of a change there. She said her best guess was that it would happen within a week (saw her Wednesday), no later than 2. We shall see...
Total weight gain? 27 pounds.
This week? Thomas and I are both about to jump out of our skin with all of this waiting. It feels like it's been happening forever, so it's mind-boggling to think that she could come any moment now. The last few weeks are just torture! At the same time, it feels like it will never ever end, and I'll be perpetually pregnant. Logically, I know that can't happen, but it really does feel that way. Thomas gave me a great day yesterday to get my mind off of it with some Chick-fil-a, a showing of Despicable Me 2 (so funny!), wandering around bookstores, and some time with the pups at the dog park. I only had to leave the movie for the bathroom once!
Looking forward to? JUST PLEASE, OH PLEASE, LET HER COME SOON!
Note to the Jellybean: Coming in a few days...
-----------
Follow me on Facebook. Follow my blog on Bloglovin'. Can't get enough? Follow me on Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS