One Month

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I took 2 dozen photos, but don't worry. You're spared. You may not find my kid quite 
as cute as I do. I don't know why you wouldn't, but whatever...

Things to know about Margaret at one month:


- Overall, she is one really sweet, content, happy baby. It makes for two very happy parents.
- She has so much hair. It's the first thing people notice about her. It looks like it only sticks straight up on the top of her head, but after giving her many a bath or shower, I can assure you, it sticks straight up everywhere. The flat comes on the back and sides after she naps.
- She's a chatterbox. Coos, grunts, squeals, and squawks, she'll babble sleeping or waking.
- She's working on head control. It's not so fun when she decides to do that while attached to me, but her new head-banging excitement about getting to eat is pretty funny.
- She loves: eating, cuddling into the crook of Thomas' arm, sitting up (with assistance), burping, being held and talked to, her pacifier, jangling keys.
- Margaret has no patience for: diaper changes in the middle of a feed (I do this if she's too sleepy), her nasal aspirator, or having to wait even a second to eat.


Her facial expressions alone make it all worth it!


Things to know about parenting/keeping a kid alive this month:

- Parental wisdom? Yeah, it's not innate once you bring the kid home. You learn by messing up and fixing it or doing something over and over on repeat.
- You do what works for you and yours. Take all of the advice you've heard and read, ignore the crazy, and mash up the various other things until your baby has stopped crying/no longer has diaper rash/is sleeping (or you're sleeping). Be safe, love them, the rest is gravy.
- It really is the most crazy wonderful love. I look at the Jellybean and my heart is full. Sappy as it may be, it's also true. I'm also convinced that I'm more in love with my husband than ever.
- For us, Huggies are awful, Target diaper rash ointment is awesome, Aiden + Anais swaddles are great, and the Target brand is always worth trying.
- Do yourself a favor- the moment you find out that you're pregnant, sign up for Amazon Mom with Prime. Amazon Mom is free and Prime is worth every penny. I may be overly dramatic, but Subscribe and Save has changed my life. I love it!
- It's hard. It's really hard. I'm home with Margaret and the dogs all day and Thomas works crazy shifts. The most important thing has been to cut the other person (and ourselves) some slack. For now, the little things don't even make it on the to-do list. We clean and do laundry and the important household things, but the rest of the time we play with Margaret or take a nap. It's cut back on our stress and we're all better off. :)
- It's also awesome. The best thing ever.

Follow me on Facebook. Follow my blog on Bloglovin'. Still can't get enough? Follow me on Instagram. Every now and then I remember to take a picture of my life.

6 comments:

  1. A month already?!?! YAY Margaret! She is too cute. YES on the parental advice thing! I think I've mastered my "oh, you think THAT'S all I need to do and my kid will all the sudden nap? That's nice." smile. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It goes by so fast! And with unsolicited advice- it's all about the smiling and nodding! :)

      Delete
  2. She is so cute and I am in love with her hair! Glad you're enjoying motherhood Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I am- I absolutely love being a mom.

      Delete
  3. How precious!! I love that hair!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It just keeps getting longer....

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS