Penny Patch Quilt

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I'm linking up with Stitched in Color to show off my progress in the Penny Patch quilt along... or lack thereof. I may not be quite as far along as some others, but I'm powering through, despite my super helpful 12 week old. She's cute, but her 1/4 inch seam is atrocious.

Welcome to anyone visiting from Rachel's site! This is my first quilt-along, and come December, will be my first finished quilt (fingers crossed). I'm using what has proven to be a very popular color scheme - aqua and red-orange. My pop of color is a dotted citron. So far, I am completely loving it. 

 I've already tacked up my batting (Warm and Natural Bamboo) - hopefully I'll 
really be able to start designing the quilt in a few days.

 Kaffe Fassett, Joel Dewberry, Lotta Jansdotter, Riley Blake and more...

 I'm about 1/3 way through cutting my strips.

That's all for today!

Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to see where we all are in a few more weeks!

8 comments:

  1. Wow! I love your fabric choices. Looks like you're off to a great start, and I'm excited to follow your progress!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Fabric picking is always the fun part! This experience has proven to be really exciting. I'm learning so much about all parts of the sewing process. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. I love your fabric, we have two of the same low volumes... The bees which I LOVE LOVE LOVE and the chicken wire print!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I grabbed the bees from my mom's stash because I thought they were just too cool. The chicken wire print is just so versatile! Though I am realizing that my low volume stash is woefully small- I need to get working on building it up, now that I see how useful they can be. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. I really like your choice of fabric .. so cute. I'm hanging back even more as my fabric still hasn't arrived :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sad day! I hope it comes soon so you can get working. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  4. I love these colours (I am using the same). I am hoping mine looks half as good as Rachel's when it's done. We'll have to see if ours turn out totally mathing :-)
    E

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your color scheme, I am doing another quilt project with those colors. These are my first quilts and I am just at the beginning stage, nervously excited :)

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS