Months 3 & 4

Monday, December 16, 2013

 Late, late, I know. Combining months 3 & 4 to save myself some work. These are her 
3 month photos (taken on time!), 4 month ones will be up in a few days.

Things to know about Margaret at 3 & 4 months:


-She's a major flirt. She'll smile at anyone and everyone- charming people on planes (!!) as we took her first flight (and then three more) on our way to and from Ohio for Thanksgiving.
-But of course she refuses to smile whenever there's a camera around.
-She loves to be swaddled to go to sleep. I am not looking forward to having to wean her from that in a while, but for now, it kills that startle reflex and lets her know it is time for bed.
-My love of spicy food apparently has no effect on her desire for my milk. Whooo!
-We are finally at the stage where she can start to play with things! Her favorites are the O-Ball, her activity gym, a little sun ray toy I made for her (pictures to come), and this awesome moose that our neighbor gave to us.
-She loves to sit and stand with a little assistance. We just got a Bumpo seat and tray in perfect condition from Once Upon a Child for $20! It became a necessary purchase as we quickly got tired of having to hold her upright constantly. Now she can sit for a while, and look around while I wrap presents or do anything!
-Bath time is the best time. She loves to kick and splash around and gets so excited when she realizes that she's getting in her little tub. Can't wait for the bath toy age!


 Things to know about parenting/keeping a kid alive this month:
-They have no idea that you have no idea what you're doing. Keeping this thought in the back of my mind when I feel like I'm totally going crazy is helpful. She is only 3 (almost 4) months old. She won't have a clue as to how clueless I am until she can read and discovers that mommy has a blog.
-I occasionally employ the if-it-hasn't-been-spitup-on-yet-we-ain't-changing-it rule. Made it 36 hours until I realized that I was employing that rule. Changed her clothes and she promptly spit up on the new ones. No winning in parenting.
-I have two friends who also had little girls (within 3 weeks of me) and we are all doing different things, but you know? All of our little girls are happy and healthy. Each Mom is different (Dads too!) and so is each baby! Bottle or breastfeeding, cosleeping or crib, every family operates differently, so not every baby product will work the same and the choices right for one family might not be right for the next. But having friends with babes of the same age- the shiz. Who else will listen to your poop talk, weight issues, or understand that when you say you're going to meet them at 1:00, you really mean 1:15 because there's an inevitable diaper that needs tending to or some other mommy moment right as you want to walk out the door.

Right before spitting up all over the quilt.

Little monkey feet!

Four month pictures will be up in a few days.

Follow me on Facebook. Follow my blog on Bloglovin'. Still can't get enough? Follow me on Instagram. Every now and then I remember to take a picture of my life.

4 comments:

  1. Love the top picture. Kind of like she's saying TA DA! *Jazz hands*

    Also, I love that quilt! The colours are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta love some baby jazz hands! And I love the quilt too! It unintentionally and perfectly goes with her nursery. I was going to make her a baby quilt, but with all of the handmade love, I think I'll just wait until she's a bit older and make her something with fabric that she likes.

      Delete
  2. I feel so lucky to have met you! You are such a wonderful friend and Penny and I will always be here to talk about poop ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! We are so lucky to have picked you up in the Target parking lot! And poop talk freaks everyone else out, but when you change 10 diapers a day, it just doesn't seem that gross after a while. Facts of life, you know. :)

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS