Wedding Song Dance Along

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Breaking my (rather short) blogging sabbatical (hope you don't have any great expectations) for a quick little link up with the Camp, aka Camp Patton, aka Grace. If you are not following Grace and her merry brood, you should be. Go now. Or maybe right after you read this (any of the Julia Styles posts will make you cackle with toddler hilarity).


So here's the Wedding Song Dance Along
or
Maybe I want to do what bunnies do with you if you know what I mean...

Dancers we are not. I especially do not like dancing in front of people. It's like some sort of sick joke that observed dancing is part of wedding festivities. So with our first dance, along with many other things in our reception, we improvised.

We both love music- he loves country, I can't stand it. I love alternative/indie/rockish stuff and we compromise by shamelessly listening to top 40 in the car together.

When it came time to choose our song my mom suggested keeping it short, sweet, and not too slow. We settled on Ingrid Michaelson's "You and I."


It's sweet and short, and a little quirky- just like us. To add to the quirk, we danced normally (and poorly) in the beginning, but at the final refrain we did a choreographed little dance- miming the words. We managed to keep the choreography a secret but our family and guests loved it - and it was the perfect ending to our song. I only wish we had a video.


Oh let's get rich and buy our parents 
homes in the south of France
Oh let's get rich and give everybody nice sweaters 
and teach them how to dance
Let's get rich and build our house on a mountain
making everybody look like ants
Way up there
You and I
You and I

Funny story... I looked this up on YouTube last night and left it on his computer to find this morning. Thanks Grace, for making me write it all down!

Aren't we cute? (Yes.)

2 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Grace's link-up... love this little story!! How fun to surprise all your guests and a fun memory. Loved reminiscing about our first dance (though, yes totally awkward!) on my blog - www.caseyschaos.com. Love your little blog on the WWW and your cute little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! We did several non-traditional things at our wedding- but it was totally us and we had a blast. Thanks for your sweet comments.

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS